Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ian Quilting

   Ian has been BEGGING me to learn how to sew...and since I think I told him once he turned 5 I would teach him (he is almost 6 now) I thought it was time to get on that...so I taught him how to sew a quilt...a mini one to give to his sister...they were both very excited about it!!! 
 
Here's some pictures!
Ian...figuring out his layout...I didn't get ones of him cutting but all I did was write straight lines on the fabric and handed him a sewing scissors...he did pretty well! Rotary cutter will come in the later years!
His layout.
The BEST part....time to sew!!! 
I missed some pictures in between...but we are up to sewing all the layers together...
Taking out all the pins.
Cutting off the excess.
We turned it...sewed the opening shut....he wanted to do it on the machine not by hand...I figured it was his first so it was ok...and we are DONE!




He had a BLAST! He said now he wants to try sewing doll clothes for his sister! :D What a good boy!

No comments: