Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Girl Quilt Continued!

Here are what the "quilted" blocks are gonna all look like...I got one done but i wanted to update for you guys!!! The backing is HOT pink as you can see and I ended up using HIGH LOFT (which means it is thicker) batting for the middle...and I think that it is turning out super cute! :D Sure hope we have a girl! ;)
I am stitching along all the lines to make it look quilted and then around the outside to really finish it up! :D

Here is a "angled" shot so you can see how it is kinda rising up which I LOVE...I like how it looks kind puffy!!! :D I can't wait until it is done.

This is how the back of a quilted piece looks...not my best work...but I have never done this before either so...I should have or at least could have used Pink thread but I just stuck with the white...too late now..I am NOT pulling them all out! :D Ella wont care! ;) Oh and just a side note...the picture makes it look like it isn't a perfect square..that part is just the picture I was complaining about the stitching itself that i wasn't super happy with! :D

Well that is it for now...I will have to take a break for a little bit...it is too nice out at the moment to keep quilting and there will be a little boy who will wanna go out and play getting up from his nap soon so...check back later and see if I have done more! SEE YA!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Great job Liz! I love it, love how you quilted over each square in that fabric to make it puff! I am hoping to start my first quilt soon! I got everything I need- sadly the ruler that I bought was broken and I didn't realize it! So until I return it I'll be scrapbooking!