Friday, December 16, 2011

I know....BAKING...isn't sewing...deal with it! :D

Ok...so I got my quilts FINALLY done! So I thought...seeing as how we only have like a week til Christmas...I would do some baking...here is the BEST sugar cookie recipe EVER!






Easy Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tarter

    Combine butter and sugar, mix.
    Add eggs and vanilla, mix.
    Add dry ingred., mix.
    Roll out.
    Cut out.
    Bake at 400* for 4 minutes.

Frosting -
3/4 cup soft butter
4 cups powdered sugar
3 TBSP water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 egg white (no yoke)

    Combine butter and sugar, mix.
    Add water, vanilla and almond, mix.
    Add egg white, mix.
    Add color (optional).  

And YES it does say 4 minutes....it takes 5 in my oven but it is SO fast...I usually don't set a timer for other things...I do for these!!! Hope you like them!!!


No comments: